Back in 2012, I created a list of 15 things about me (see link at the end of this post). I thought I would add 15 more things to the list.
So here they are 15 More Things About Me, in no particular order:
- One of my favorite movies is The Matrix.
- I wake up most days at 6 am.
- I met my wife, Sandi, while roller skating when I was a teenager. She asked me to couple skate (and I haven’t let go).
- I spend my working hours, creating software and database programs for a manufacturing company.
- I love water, kayaking, swimming, and everything related to it.
- I’m the middle child and also have three step brothers.
- I ran cross country when I was in middle school (junior high) and still enjoy running.
- My dad, William W. Brooks, holds several patents (with IBM) related to hard drive construction.
- Sandi and I will be married for 25 years on May, 25 of this year (2016). We’re planning a trip to Hawaii for later in the year.
- I’ve paid (with Sandi’s help) for three college educations, plus a Masters degree. I paid for mine and Sandi’s Masters, then we paid for both of our kids degrees.
- I love photographing flowers and visit Duke Gardens in Durham, NC about once a week in the spring and summer. Here are a few of my flower photographs: http://www.wadesword.com/category/flower
- I don’t drink any caffeinated beverages as caffeine was making me really tired. I found that I have more energy without it.
- i have visited five countries and love travelling, here is a map of everywhere I have been so far: https://goo.gl/6vGB5N
- I didn’t start reading well until the third grade, when my teacher discovered I was dyslexic. Her name was Mrs. Gunning and she worked with me and a reading specialist to fix my issue. Today, I love to read and have read complete works by Clancy, Vince Flynn, Terry Goodkind, Heinlein, Clarke, Larry Niven and many others.
- My grandfather was one of eleven children and grew up on a farm near Blackduck Minnesota.
Below is a recent image of me
Here’s the link to my first list of 15 Things about me: